Copyright (c) 2008 Frederic Daoud
FunctionalJ is a library which makes it easy to use functional programming
constructs in Java code.
FunctionalJ provides the following features:
- Easily represent functions as objects
- Code using functional programming concepts such as mapping, filtering, and folding
- Use parameter binding, also known as partial application
- Write methods that accept functions as parameters and/or return functions as a result (higher-order functions)
- Replace procedural code with functional code for simpler, less error-prone computations
- Define functions by implementing an interface, subclassing a base class, or with a reflection mechanism, according to your preference
- Use a reflection mechanism to easily create functions that refer to existing constructors, instance methods, or static methods
- No need to deal with exceptions if you don't want to.
Summary of what is new in version 1.0:
- Renamed packages to
- Major refactoring from version 0.8 to improve and simplify the API and provide stronger support for Java 1.5 generics
- Repackaged reflection mechanisms
- Bug fixes.